Sunday, March 7, 2010

Still Here

So I missed a couple weeks. You were led to expect this (both of you).

So for this week some comparisons-the original designs for a couple of characters I'm using for a school assignment, and the modified designs that came after input from the teacher, et al.





Top is the original, bottom two are the final version. Pretty dramatic change. A bear inspired by Foghorn Leghorn. The legs in the initial version are way too long, since I was trying to accomplish a Foghorn-shaped mammal. Of course I was pretty confident I knew what a bear looked like, so naturally I got it wrong. I'm much happier with the final version, since it doesn't look, as the teacher observed, like a guy in a bear suit.




This meerkat was more on target the first time around. This one, I looked up pictures of meerkats to make sure I got it right. The only real change is the removal of the clown-shoe effect which is more a hallmark of my style than Warner Bros. (which I'll be trying to animate in for this assignment) that kind of crept into both originals.

No comments:

Post a Comment